I have been playing MMORPGS for 15 years: In no one I died as often as in Mortal Online 2

Mortal Online 2 is considered a bang-hard PVP-MMORPG and could be tested for free in September for free. Meinmo editor Alexander Leitsch tried it and is surprisingly often died and not only by other players. Nevertheless, he had a lot of fun at the test.

What is this for a game? Mortal Online 2 is a sandbox MMORPG with the clear orientation on PVP. The core features are:

An action-rich combat system with block and targeted blows A waiver of classic levels - instead there are over 600 skills that you can learn A deep crafting system Free trade between the players An open game world that you can explore and in which you can build.

Mortal Online 2 relies on open PVP velvet full-loot, which can lose your worn equipment. This is not suitable for every MMO fan, but appeals to a clear target group.

Exactly this target group can have a lot of fun. I felt that in the self-test immediately. Although I am a huge theme park fan, but when a MMORPG advertises with open PVP, the players know what they are and can get involved.

And the statement that Mortal Online 2 is probably one of the best PVP MMORPGs at all, I would in any case agree.

Who speaks here? Alexander Leitsch is the MMORPG expert on Meinmmo. In titles like Guild Wars 2, Eso, Black Desert and Wow, he has sunk thousands of hours. He made his first steps in the MMO world in 2006 with Guild Wars 1 and Star Wars Galaxies. In Mortal Online 2 he has invested about 5 play hours during the stress test.

The first death already in the first minute

What makes the game so interesting? Mortal Online 2 is hard to play with games like WOW or FFXIV, but also to compare PVP MMORPGs like Albion online. It is mostly resembled New World, as far as the general speed and duration of the animations are concerned:

Is fought in principle in the ego perspective By pressing the left mouse button I perform an attack. By moving the mouse in a certain direction, however, I change the kind of beating. So I can descend from the top, from the side or frontal. The enemy in turn can block such an attack with the right mouse button. Again, the mouse determines the direction of the block. If you block in the wrong direction, then the attack continues.

Exactly with this mechanics attack and block I had the first few minutes and hours hard to fight.

How do I suggest fight? Shortly after the start I get a quest on a cemetery, in which I'm blocking attacks of zombies and should perform a counterattack. But this is not that easy.

After all, I have to recognize the animation from which direction of zombie links, right, frontal, from above - attacks. If I decide wrong, I get damage and the quest does not progress.

In fact, these first zombies manage to kill me twice, because I only instead instead of blocking and later at walking race. That's me even embarrassing! And I can not remember any other MMORPG in which Low-level mobs have practically killed me in the tutorial.

But dying continues through my more playing time.

The first fights in the PVP are the absolute gray

How did it go for me? After a few quests for crafting, a tutorial for archery and other small tasks, it bugged me after a few hours in the PVP. Because in the start zone and in cities you are sure of any PVP activities. That's nice!

But outside, in the wide wilderness, it looks different. There is open PVP. And thirsty as I am, I first attacked the other players. Finally, the one who performs the first stroke has a small advantage in the life points.

In the first fight I used the bow and covered my opposite with a salve of arrows. However, he was rather unimpressed, which was also because somehow only every third arrow has met at all. At some point he stormed at my part. In melee, I had no chance and with a few pounds I was the first time in the dirt.

And as well, it continued.

All 6 players with whom I dueled were much better than myity. So I got in all fights fully on the sack. Nobody could finish victorious, again and again I returned as a dead character at the priest in the world of living.

The Schmach I've already died of PVE zombies could not be redeemed. On the contrary.

Actually a frustrating moment, but somehow Mortal Online 2 has aroused my ambition. I want to get better and next time the other players beat up. Unfortunately, the time on the weekend was no longer enough - so life is as a father.

What I would like to try, is the fight to horse. This is possible in the MMORPG, but unfortunately I did not come to tame a riding.

More about MMORPGS on MeMMO:

New MMORPG sounds like the PVE game that many wishes - should appear 2022 5 mmos in which you can not fight, even if you want it New PC MMORPG with 12 classes shows Gameplay - immediately awakens memories of earlier

A steep learning curve that needs a lot of time

How do I like the MMORPG General? Basically, I have to say that Mortal Online 2 offers no maximum performance. The world looks good, but not outstanding and the animations are rather picked up.

Disappointed I am from the landscapes, which looked all about typical reciprocates in the first 5 hours and offered little variety. It is possible that this looks different in the MID and endgame. Nevertheless, the graph shows that an indie studio is behind the MMORPG.

Cool, however, is the character creation, where I have the selection from several peoples and also a specially tailored pedigree. So the peoples can even mix something.

In the character creation you can also distribute attributes that influence your skills in combat. Also special is the weight of the character:

The easier you are, the more points you can distribute in skill. Heavy characters, on the other hand, have more lifestyles and can strike more.

These subtleties make the character creation to a small science.

Also otherwise Mortal Online 2 demands the players a lot of thinking and plan. The incorporation into the crafting system costs time, unlocking the skills as well. In addition, you should definitely work with a guild, because the MMORPG is very suitable for my previous experience for solo players.

Mortal Online 2 puts like ESO and New World on a compass at the top of the screen. In addition, there are free trade between the players, a feature that many modern MMORPGs are more and more.

In the endgame then Housing and fights are to wait for fortresses, but I did not come so far.

The community as a plus: In the course of my research around the game, I came across many interesting videos, including organized PvP battles, chivalrous tournaments and role play.

So if you get deep into the game and want to get involved in the community, you can surely experience some great events.

An example of how these PVP tournaments look like can look at the Youtuber wolf time. By the way, he also uploaded some guides and other gameplay on his channel:

Payment system with greater hurdle for interested players

How to finance the MMORPG? In addition to the fact that Mortal Online 2 occupies a clear niche with the PVP focus, I personally feel the price model as difficult. Because so much desire I have on the PVP MMORPG, so much scares me the buy2play Velvet subscription.

To get access to the MMORPG, I must first spend between 40 and 150 euros for the game version. Then I need a subscription that costs monthly. This is a great entry-level hurdle for players who would like to try the game without binding it permanently.

On the other hand, Mortal Online 2 renounces a cash shop and the ability to trade real money in Ingame currency. Pay2Win and other costs away from the subscription are completely excluded. This is again a plus.

When will the game appear? Mortal Online 2 starts on October 26 in the Early Access on Steam. For access to it you will already have to pay the subscription. The complete release should take place 2022.

Conclusion after 5 hours: no MMORPG for everyone, but definitely an exciting game

Per

An interesting and immersive game world An active combat system with a lot of depth Skill plays a bigger role as equipment The possibility to stuck dozens of hours in theorycrafting A community that works closely and battles and battles organized

Contra

Difficult entry No top graphic A game only for PVP fans Velvet Full-Loot Solo players have it hard

There are no gigantic playing time in a MMORPG for 5 hours, but they reached to win a first impression. And he is surprisingly positive and led I would like to put more time in the game.

Red Dead Online First Impressions Although I have died in any MMORPG so often and so fast as quickly as in the first hours of Mortal Online 2, I completely understand what the charm of the game lies. The idea that the skill of the player is more important than equipment, the interesting combat system, the constant danger and above all the organized community leave a positive impression.

But Mortal Online 2 is only suitable for a specific game types. Anyone who hangs on his equipment like to cag to a Stoy or dear Daddelt as to work deep into the game systems, which should simply ignore Mortal Online 2. There is WoW, Guild Wars 2 or ESO just better alternatives.

But if you get involved in the MMORPG, you want to look at PVP and theorycrafting and is engaged in a guild, which can safely have the online time of his life in the sandbox game. Together with Albion Online, Mortal Online 2 already belongs to my favorites when it comes to MMORPGS with Open World PVP.

Alexander Leitsch

MMORPG expert at MeinmMo

Comments